Image default
Business / Accounting

How does the Dutch tax return work?

Are you an expat working and living in the Netherlands? Then it may be convenient to trust a professional tax filer with all your important documents. In the Netherlands, it is obligated to tax husband and spouse separately on labor income. You can think about salary, but also internships or traineeships – all of the income you gather from working, is taxed. On a Dutch salary or wage withholding tax is applicable. This means that you make a kind of preliminary payment of the income tax, which is eventually due after closing of the current tax year.

Put your trust in a filing service for all your documents

What does the filing service for the Dutch tax return include for expats working in the Netherlands?

  • You receive fiscal advice that is related to your specific tax situation and, when applicable, the tax situation of your spouse.
  • If it is necessary, the documents for the monthly tax refund are filed for you. This is often times applicable for mortgage interest and alimony payments.
  • All of the request to gather relevant data are send out by your tax filer.
  • An extension to file the tax return is requested when necessary.
  • The Dutch tax returns for both you and your partner are filed so all the necessary information is gathered in one place.
  • If needed, the tax filer appeals in the rare case that the assessment does not match the tax return.
  • Each year you receive an up to date brochure with all of the important taxation rules that are applicable in the coming tax year.

Contact the ‘taxperts’

If you are in need of help with the filing of your Dutch tax return documents, make sure to contact Witlox International Tax Advice. These experts are more than happy to help you with all tax-related questions and are able to gain more information about your tax position for the specified tax year.